Scabies is one of the most common diseases your cat can suffer from. Scabies is caused by the mites on the skin that can cause infections and symptoms that cause very annoying and irritating infections such as itching, rashes, peeling of the skin, among others Things.
This skin pathology is highly contagious and these mites can spread easily in pets. That’s why you need to act as soon as possible and give your pet the right treatment to preserve your pet’s well-being and keep it healthy. In this article, we will explain how to treat scabies in cats with home and natural remedies.
Steps to follow:
1. The symptoms of scabies are very easy to recognize, they are very visible and will greatly annoy your cat. If your cat suffers from scabies, you will see that he will rub his ears constantly to try to relieve himself. You may hear your cat crying while scratching, in addition to shaking his head insistently, because of the secretions of earwax in your cat’s ear and a strong smell. Inflammation of the ears is usually important, and if left untreated, it can cause blood vessels to rupture after scratching.
2. The most important thing is to remedy this infection caused by mites as soon as possible so that your cat can recover quickly from this disease. Here we will recommend some of the very useful natural remedies so that your cat no longer suffers from the disease.
White vinegar, for example, is very effective in treating scabies due to its acid content and it can also allow your cat to get rid of leftover mites in the ear. You can dilute a little vinegar by adding water and pour the solution into the ear pavilion. However, this treatment cannot be used if your pet has open wounds, it can make them worse.
3. Another natural remedy to control your cat’s scabies is to use corn oil. It will work against mites very effectively and will relieve itching. You must perform a massage with this oil in his ear making sure that you have applied the product in all areas. You can use this treatment for at least 12 days and you will see that the mites will disappear and that the skin of your cat will be healed.
4. You can also treat scabies mites with olive oil. The moisturizing properties of this oil greatly reduce the itching of the affected area. Simply apply a few drops of olive oil to the most damaged areas and massage well for the product to penetrate the skin.
In addition, it is very important to treat scabies in cats with extreme hygiene precautions. You should use dry antibacterial shampoos to cleanse the cat’s skin, as mites can easily move from one part of your cat’s body to the other, which can make it much worse for your cat’s infection. If you have any doubts about the matter, we will consult a veterinarian and follow all the instructions he will provide you.
5. You can also get the same effects as olive oil with a solution based on almond oil and vitamin E. You will need to heat the contents to room temperature and apply the mixture with a dropper. Keep in mind that this treatment must be given every 48 hours for at least 6 days to be effective.
Another good way to treat mites is to use boric acid as it has antiseptic properties and can be a good solution to cleanse your cat’s ear, cure its infection and allow skin affected by scabies to recover better.
6. And finally, so that your cat is not affected by scabies again, it is highly recommended to organize a grooming routine once a month for your cat and have it dewormed in the right way to keep it protected. Thus, by treating your cat, you will prevent the presence and growth of mites. And remember that if you have more than one pet at home, the best way to avoid contagion is to isolate it until your cat is cured.